2007年8月2日木曜日

What I learned about teaching in July 31

JHST=Junior High School Teacher

●Teaching from watching the JHST's lesson.
In this lesson, the task is making composition called “What I like.”
Worksheet was easy to understand and I could review some important sentences for example, I'm going to talk about~, I like it because~ and so on.
When I introduce someone to myself, I can use the sentences what I learned today.
I heard that the students in the Junior High School made the composition about their dream. I think that it is not easy topic for Junior High Student.Because, I think that few people who can tell a dream as of Junior High Student definitely. It may takes time even if Japanese to think. So, the topic “What I like”is better to write than “My dream.”

●The discussion with JHST
I learned that the class of “What I like”makes students 4 skills(Listening,reading,writing,and speaking).
The JHST cherish this 4 skills and enjoying English.I think so, too!!
Enjoy using English is so important!!
Thanks to the JHST from Morioka Junior High School and Mr.Hall, I had the good time to thinking the teaching English. Thank you.

1 件のコメント:

JH さんのコメント...

Kanage,
Did you watch NU sensei's lesson? Thanks for your enthusiatic participation and keen observations!
Concerning the what you said about having dreams being a difficult topic for JHS students. I agree with you but I think t is an important topic. A JHS vice-principal who is a friend of mine said that one problem with Japanese JHSs is that the students don't have dreams and are thus not enthusiastic about studying. I think that having dreams is important and we should encourage students to make lofty goals for themselves and believe in themselves.
JH